17 December 2015
Christmas came early for campaigners Nil by Mouth after it collected a donation of £1,000 from a leading Charitable Trust.
The Crerar Hotels Trust made the donation to support NbM’s ‘Pitch Perfect’ college programmes which will see hundreds of students from across west central Scotland create their own campaigns aimed at celebrating difference and challenging sectarianism.
The Crerar Hotels Trust is a charitable trust funded by the Crerar Hotel Group. Giving back to local communities to improve the quality of everyday lives is at the heart of its work, and therefore, each year almost half of the hotel profits are donated to the the Trust for distribution to local charities and community projects local to Crerar Hotels throughout Scotland and Yorkshire where they operate.
It’s the latest piece of good news for Nil by Mouth in 2015 as it marks its 15th anniversary which has included:
– founder Cara Henderson being named Evening Times ‘Scotswoman of the Year’;
– hosting the first national ‘Beyond Religion & Belief: Challenging Sectarianism at Work’ Conference;
– being named ‘Charity of the Year’ by Scottish Women in Business;
– receiving a four figure donation from Sharegift UK;
– launching two highly successful nationwide campaigns in ‘Kiss Bigotry Goodbye’ and ‘Pause B4U Post’;
– securing £74,500 worth of funding from the Scottish Government;
– delivering to more than 10,000 people in schools, colleges, universities, workplaces, events and communities across Scotland.
Nil by Mouth Engagement Officer Emma Alexander said:
‘This wonderful donation from the Crerar Hotel Trust is a brilliant way to round of our fifteenth anniversary year. During 2015 we reached more people than ever before and this grant will allow us to work with the next generation of young leaders in society and allow them to have their voices heard on this important issue.
Scotland is bigger, better and brighter than bigotry and we truly believe that this is the generation which will banish it once and for all. We would like to thank the Trust for is wonderful support and encouragement and we look forward to sharing our success with them over the months ahead.’