School Accreditation Scheme
Our ‘Champions for Change’ accreditation scheme provides, an exciting opportunity for schools to celebrate their anti-sectarianism work and have best practice recognised.
It was launched at Stonelaw High School in Rutherglen in October 2011 and this short film was made to mark the occasion:
‘Champions for Change’ provides a framework for developing work in schools and support for staff, pupils and parents in their efforts to create a more tolerant Scotland.
Accreditation is assessed across eight areas which seek to promote a holistic approach to tackling sectarianism across a school community –
- An ethos where rights are respected and a culture of responsible citizenship is given high priority.
- Young people who show confidence, commitment and responsibility in developing the skills required to appropriately challenge sectarianism.
- Evidence of an active inter-denominational partnership in challenging sectarianism involving staff, pupils and parents across the local community.
- A leadership team who are fully committed to developing a school community free from sectarianism through policy, staff training and curriculum.
- Evidence of an on-going commitment to embedding anti sectarian education across the curriculum.
- Evidence of working in partnership with anti-sectarian organisations, such as Nil By Mouth.
- Young people who are actively involved in addressing sectarianism and promoting equalities in the local community.
- Specific procedures which are actively promoted throughout the school community in recording and dealing with incidents of a sectarian nature.
We will assist any school looking to take part by:
- Supporting their anti-sectarianism work
- providing workshops free of charge
- evaluating work throughout the school year
- providing awards and certificates to schools who achieve either ‘Level 1’ or ‘Level 2’ Champions for Change status
To find out how your school can take part please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 0141 418 7194
Download our flyer here
Nil By Mouth currently offer their services free of charge. However, should you wish to donate to the charity you can do so by clicking the ‘Donate’ button or contact us directly. Donations we receive will enable us to deliver in schools, colleges, universities and workplaces without cost for as long as possible.